The Flash Tunnel UV Disinfection Chamber is a simple disinfection pass-through system designed for use in any setting, but particularly caters to the needs of those in, pharmaceutical, laboratory, research settings, or food production. Flash Tunnel provides a swift and highly effective method to disinfect equipment, animal feed bags, bedding bags, moisture sensitive electronics, instruments, and components to reduce the transfer of organisms. The Flash Tunnel offers a conveyor design to enable a way to disinfect components from a typical environment into a barrier facility without any risk of cross-contamination. Items enter the Flash Tunnel, ride the conveyor that controls the proper exposure time to ensure complete disinfection, and then the items are ready to be collected in a clean environment on the opposite end.
The Flash Tunnel contains a rolling conveyor table to support the item(s) being disinfected, has a shielded enclosure with 4 UV-C bulbs, and plugs into any wall outlet. The disinfection chamber produces an efficient UV-C output of 60 mJ/cm2 every minute to get a calculated 99.9% reduction of MRSA in 10 seconds and a 99% reduction of spores with one minute exposure time on conveyor.
Download the Flash Tunnel Brochure
- The Flash Tunnel contains 16 protected UV-C bulbs to provide increased disinfection coverage of items placed on the conveyor.
- Bulbs have a 12,000 hour lifespan.
- The Flash Tunnel provides over 1000 µW/cm2 of UV-C intensity. This intensity correlates to a 60 mJ/cm2 UV-C dosage during a one minute exposure.
- The Flash Tunnel’s UV-C output was validated using two independent UV-C Sensors, the Solar Light Company’s PMA1122 Germicidal UVC Sensor and the General® UV512C Digital UVC Meter.
- Easily operated with minimal training.
- No chemicals to store and handle.
- Simple manual timer to set disinfection time.
- The Flash Tunnel has open ends, allowing visual confirmation that the unit is working properly.
- The UV-C bulbs are shielded by the metal enclosure which blocks UV-C wavelengths from passing through.
Interior Size: 24”H x 24”W
Overall Dimensions: 5’H x 10-15’L x 30”W
Power: 115 VAC, 15 Amps