The Torch-Flex is an easily transportable, ultraviolet light (UV-C) generator designed for use in any healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, laboratory, or research setting. It is used to provide a rapid and highly effective method to disinfect items and surfaces to reduce the transfer of dangerous organisms. The Torch-Flex provides UV-C from a flexible arm in order to highlight certain surfaces or items that are more difficult to reach with traditional cleaning methods or traditional ultraviolet light disinfection systems.
The Torch-Flex produces an efficient UV-C output of 180 µw/cm2 at a distance of 4 ft, which is capable of achieving a calculated 99% reduction of MRSA in 10 seconds and spores like Clostridium difficile in 5 minutes. The Torch-Flex offers a 200° radius to set the flexible arm prior to disinfection. The arm can be held at any angle to provide disinfection; angles under 90° provide better coverage of areas such as the underside of tables, beds, and equipment, and a 90° angle (parallel to the ground) provides excellent coverage to the top side of tables, beds, and other equipment less than 46” in height.
Download the Torch-Flex Brochure
- The Torch-Flex contains two protected UV-C bulbs, one on the top and one on the bottom of the flexible arm, to provide increased disinfection coverage.
- The Torch-Flex’s flexible arm has a 200° turning radius and can be set and held at any angle to provide pinpointed disinfection of surfaces in non-ideal locations.
- The Torch-Flex’s UV-C output was validated using two independent UV-C Sensors, the Solar Light Company’s PMA1122 Germicidal UVC Sensor and the General UV512C Digintal UVCMeter.
- Easily operated with minimal training.
- No chemicals to store and handle.
- Simple manual timer to set disinfection time.
- The Torch-Flex arm is housed behind a protective door when not in use.
- The Torch-Flex utilizes a delay timer to activate the bulbs after the exposure timer is set.